Heads-up confrontations can occur in any game, even when every seat is occupied. Yet, most hold em players who transition to the heads-up form, especially if they are from full ring no-limit games, do not succeed. Adjusting to the amount of aggression can be difficult since heads-up battles require you to bet and raise with many more hands than what would be considered standard at a full table.
Despite this, no-limit heads-up hold em is growing rapidly, especially on the Internet. So mastering this form of poker can be invaluable for those seeking to add a winning loose-aggressive component to their game. In addition, with the increasing number of heads-up matches now available, becoming proficient in them can be highly profitable.
This text, written by expert heads-up player Collin Moshman, is the first poker strategy book devoted exclusively to no-limit heads-up play. Through extensive hand examples and accompanying theory, you will learn to: 1. Master expected value, equity, value betting, and the fundamental mathematics of heads-up strategy,
2. Play and exploit each of the most common playing styles,
3. Manipulate the pot size based on your hand and your opponent,
4. Attack button limps, bluff multiple streets, and aggress in the most profitable manner,
5. Distinguish between optimal cash and tournament strategies,
6. Exploit your opponents tendencies and perceptions through metagame mastery, and
7. Maximize your heads-up profits through game theory and fundamental business concepts.
So whether you are an aspiring heads-up professional, or want to be ready for the next time you re challenged to a one-on-one battle, Heads Up No-Limit Hold em provides you with the tools you need to succeed.